Pages

Alien Mine by Marie Dry


Alien Mine by Marie Dry

Reviewed by Desere


It the time of a bleak future where the government systems are breaking down and the lawless terrorize the country. Botanist Natalie Hanson fears for her life, as I am sure anyone would . She hides herself in a cave deep in the Rocky Mountains , but her reprieve is short lived as she is captured by human raiders, ready to take her back to their leader the truly awful and vile Murdock.

But it gets worse, fierce alien, Zacar , appears as if from no where and slays her kidnappers and then drags her off with him. But sexy Zacar wants Natalie for one thing and one thing only, she is to be his breeder. The problem ? These aliens worship strength and Natalie has severe asthma and so that pretty much counts her out as the perfect candidate, right ?

This was a very well written book with really strong characters. I will admit I found it unusual when the dots started connecting and I became aware that the aliens want to breed with the human race in order to form the a group of warriors who will be ready to fight anything and anyone at the drop of a command.  I have not come across this "we will conquer the earth through means of sex"  idea before, and as I said I found it unusual but simply because I could never have imagined it.

But it totally worked perfectly! The read is filled with lots of " Oh no that did not just happen!" moments and some so remarkably well written I could feel the fear running through Natalie.

The book is also filled with stunning action scenes and I mean the full on "Wow!" now that 's what I call kick ass action and not the a little drops of I kick you , he hits me , we fight here and there kind of action that is so very often found in paranormal books. It takes a true talent to bring action ,romance, suspense and a good plot all in line to blow the reader away, am more than happy to say this author nailed it , all of it !

But don't for one minute think the action and suspense is alone, there is some serious hot sex in this read, pages going up in flames does not even come close to a proper description. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of this read and I recommend it for all fans of paranormal reads.

If you can handle hot sex and not feel as if your mother would keel over if she saw you reading it, and if you don't mind the odd crude word here and there, and love a good action packed read filled with lots of good paranormal twists then this book if for you!

4.5 star review
" He wants her to breed his warrior army, all she wants is for him to be her warrior"